1. Collection of data, classification of industries and industrial facilities with regard to annual energy consumption, average temperature of exhaust gases, annual amount of waste heat and estimated potential for annual electricity production.
(1.6.2011. - 1.8.2011.)
2. Preparation of conference paper “Potential of waste heat in Croatian industrial sector“, literature search, calculation, comparison, plotting and discussion of results.
(1.8.2011. - 1.10.2011)
3. Definition of the basic system configuration, definition of individual models, the relationship of the influential variables, explanations on the assumptions adopted, a description of initial and boundary conditions, citations of experiences and research from relevant sources (professional and scientific).
(1.10.2011. - 1.1.2012.)
4. Development of the mathematical model. Definition of the objective function and the weighting factors. Selection of the optimization method. Preparation of the journal paper “Potential of waste heat in Croatian industrial sector” for publication in the Thermal Science Journal.
(1.1.2012. - 1.3.2012.)
5. Running modeling and optimization scripts in MATLAB. Plotting of results and discussion. Elaboration of economic analysis. Preparation of the journal paper “Potential of waste heat in Croatian industrial sector” for publication in the Thermal Science Journal. Development and preparation of a patent application.
(1.3.2012. - 1.6.2012.)